Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thanksgiving

Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera to Thanksgiving dinner this year but I want to take a minute to write about it.  This year we spent Thanksgiving with the Henriksen extended family.  There were about 50 of us which is pretty small compared to the last few years so they decided to have it in Deanne and Bob's home instead of a Church.  Though I was feeling a bit under the weather, it was still a lovely day.  We slept in and watched the Thanksgiving Day Parade with the kids.  I was asked to bring a veggie tray to dinner and I don't know how I got off so easy this year!  It was so nice to just buy a tray at Costco and not have a thing to worry about that morning.  Thanksgiving dinner was very memorable.  It was fun to be with many of Rob's cousins, aunts and uncles and his sweet Grandma.  Everyone went around the room and shared three things they were thankful for.  It was so sweet to hear what everyone said, I was holding back tears the whole time.  I am so grateful that I married into such a wonderful family and that I get to spend the holidays with people that I really love and admire.

No comments: