Tuesday, December 7, 2010

He did it!


Liam and I have been busy with piano lessons lately. We half heartedly started playing this summer but with vacations and Rob's trial we were not very consistent.  However, after the trial was over we decided to set some goals and get motivated.  So I challenged Liam to finish his first level of books by December 11th and I would take him to the Utah Symphony's Polar Express that day as a reward.  So we got to work and Liam was so motivated that he asked for me to give him piano lessons almost everyday.  That can be quite a challenge somedays but I have learned to let go of a few things and just hope nobody sees my house after a lesson because it can be a disaster after Lance and Lincoln have been running wild.  I am already starting to see the rewards of my efforts as I see him progress.  I am so proud of him and I love how excited he gets when he plays something that is difficult for him.  The best part is that it gives us a lot of quality time together.  Liam not only met the challenge but he finished his first books 2 weeks in advance and is now onto level 2 books.  I am so proud of him and I am excited to go to the Symphony with him.  He earned it!





This is what Lincoln does during piano lessons!

2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

good job bud! When are you going to Polar Express? We are going this saturday at 12:30 - please say you are going at the same time :)
We need Liam to come and play!

Heidi said...

I can't believe Liam is playing the piano!! I bet he knows more than I do! You're lucky you have the skills to do it yourself to and not pay someone.
I also loved the pictures of you guys at temple square. I think you are so lucky to have all Rob's siblings and parents and yours as well to do fun things together year round. It's so priceless.
I LOVED seeing you I wished we could spend more time chatting and not being pressured by the next item to do!! Sure do love ya.