Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lincoln's 1 year check-up

I still can’t believe Lincoln is a 1 year old.  This last year went by like a flash.  It is funny how I can’t even imagine life without Lincoln but yet he has only been in our family for 1 year.  On Tuesday (Oct. 26th) he went to Dr. Giannini for his 1 year check-up.  Here are his stats:

Weight: 24 lbs. 3 oz. (75%)
Length: 31 inches (85%)
Head Circumference: 18” (25%)

You would not think that he has such a small head because of those big chubby cheeks!  I love Dr. Giannini, she always wants to know every detail about my kids and how they are growing and developing.  Here are some of the things I told her at the appointment….

At 1 year Lincoln is:

Crawling around everywhere and getting into everything
Pulling himself up and reaching to grab things up high
Cruising along the furniture
Gaining more and more coordination and balance
He is officially weaned and is drinking milk
He eats a variety of food everyday, his favorites are cheese, hotdogs, nutrigrain bars, noodles, bread and rolls, cereal, crackers, macaroni and cheese, and bananas.
His favorite toys are the drum, cars (and he makes car noises when he plays with them), the car garage, the play kitchen, all sorts of balls to throw and bounce, and anything with buttons.
He says “Hi” to everyone and loves to wave and clap.
He also says, “on” a lot – not sure why
He loves to make all sorts of noises with his mouth
He loves being entertained by his brothers
He sleeps through the night and takes a good nap everyday but he is starting to throw a fit when we put him in the bed - he will cry for about 5 minutes or so
He is imitating a lot lately which is so cute, he loves sticking phones up to his ear and saying, "hi" and he loves to brush his hair with my brush.
His new favorite game is throwing the ball back and forth with me and he laughs and laughs
He is definitely developing more personality and opinions about what he wants!
His first teeth just barely came in - two on top and two on bottom
He has practically no hair - which is funny because Liam and Lance had a ton of hair at 1 year.

It is fun to watch him grow!

At the Dr.'s Linc was poked 5 times.  One on his foot for a blood sample for some reason, the flu shot and 3 other shots. Ouch!  I got the flu shot this week too and my arm hurt for 3 days I can only imagine how he felt.  Poor guy!






Oh yeah and Lincoln is really attached to me lately - he cried when I handed him over to Dr. Giannini for a picture.



2 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Love his chubbiness! What a good healthy baby!

Joanna McGuire said...

He is such a cute little boy and I love his chubby cheeks.