I know I am a nut but I wish I posted more about my kids art, I am determined to do that because it is so priceless to me. The other day Liam's friend was over and asked, "Why do you hang up Liam's art all over the place?" And Liam answered for me, "Because my mom loves it." It made me laugh. I probably do go a little overboard, I just glanced at my kitchen cupboards and counted 12 pieces of art on them. They don't have to be masterpieces or anything, I even hang up little doodles. When Rob came home from his 2 week trial in Nephi, Liam and Lance made him a bunch of welcome home signs. They were so cute, I just can't take them down. One of them cracks me up. It is a picture of Rob smiling out the window at the hotel he called home for 2 weeks - the Econo lodge right off the freeway. This hotel was not very nice. There were cigarette burns in his bedspread and lots of mold looking stuff in the bathroom. Rob was so busy that his hotel room was the last thing on his mind. The boys and I went down for a night and Liam and Lance thought it was the greatest hotel ever because it had a pool that the boys swam in all night. So Liam drew a cute picture of Rob at the hotel, smiling and looking out the window and he drew the big pool down the hall. I just can't take the picture down because it cracks me up and reminds me of that nasty hotel. Sorry I don't have a picture of the drawing, I did not realize I was going to tell this story. Anywho, every drawing seems to tell a story and I love them. Here is hoping that I will post more about my kids art because they are so priceless to me and I want to remember them.
This is a picture I took earlier this week of Liam and Lance when they re-discovered my animal stencils.
Just for kicks I threw in this picture of Rob and the boys swimming at the hotel in Nephi....
The boys making their welcome home signs...
Liam's life cycle of a pumpkin project
Liam's ghost he made at school
Working on his reflections contest painting
No comments:
Post a Comment