I need some major help with my sugar cookie skills. I LOVE sugar cookies from bakeries but I just can't seem to make them that good at home. I had the idea of making adorable pumpkin shaped sugar cookies and having the kids frost them, so I set out once again to conquer the challenge of making delicious sugar cookies like the ones at the bakery. Unfortunately Target was all out of pumpkin shaped cookie cutters and I realized time was running short so I settled for the sugar cookie mix at the store. It does not even compare! So we made the cookies and some frosting and I asked the kids to decorate their pumpkin cookies. They slapped some frosting on and scarfed their cookies down and within minutes they were onto the next activity. Not exactly what I had in mind when I envisioned a fun night of cookie making. Oh well! Oh yeah and Lucy, my niece, joined us since her poor pregnant mom was not feeling well that night. We are going to take another wack at it and hopefully make some adorable Thanksgiving sugar cookies soon. If anyone has a good home made recipe - please share!
I love how Lucy took one bite and got a big black mustache!
I have to explain why Liam is wearing this vest - it is his basketball shirt, like the pro's wear w/o sleeves. He wears this when he is in a basketball playing mood, it cracks me up.
Geek alert!
2 comments:
Still lauhging at how Liam was so obiediant at school during the parade. What a good kid!
I have a really yummy sugar cookie recipe that is easy & you don't have to refridgerate the dough. I am not patient enough for that. I will share with you if you like.
DO you have any fun ideas for Thanksgiving?
I don't have any good sugar cookie recipes, I am sorry. I would have just gone with the mix from the store too. It looks like you guys had a fun night.
Post a Comment