Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Parties and Parade!

 Thursday (Oct. 28th) was a big day for Liam and Lance.  Lance had a joyschool Halloween party and Liam had his Kindergarten Halloween parade and class party.  A much anticipated day indeed.  Margo held joyschool at her house this week and I was so impressed by all the fun things she did with the kids.  She even arranged with neighbors for the kids to come around trick-or-treating.  They also played games and made crafts and decorated spider cupcakes.  Lance had a blast.

After joyschool we headed to Liam’s Halloween parade.  The parents waited in the hall as all the kids came filing out of the classroom in their cute costumes.  Liam and his buddy Scott were both Ironman this year and they were both at the very end of the line.  When Liam came out of the classroom he was folding his arms and didn't say anything or wave or smile - nothing.  All the parents were waving and cheering at the kids and Liam barely cracked a smile.  I was a little taken back and figured something was probably upsetting him and then his soccer coach who was there came up to me and said, “I could tell Liam was confused how to act since they are always told to be quiet in the halls.”  Sure enough I asked Liam if he was ok and he said he was trying to follow the hall rules – funny boy.  Gotta love him for trying.  After the parade Liam had a blast at his class party where he played games and decorated cookies and made some crafts.  Too fun.

Here is Margo with Lance!


You are the best Margo!


Lance's adorable spider cupcake


Hanging out before the Halloween parade


Liam walking out of his classroom  - not sure what he was supposed to be doing during the parade.  


I loved Mrs. James' bunny costume -  you have got to hand it to these teachers that dress up and have to parade around in front of all the parents.


The Ironmen



2 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

That is awesome that Liam acted so quiet in the halls, what a good little boy. I loved their costumes.

Unknown said...

Dani so cute with all your posts. I love your family pictures and Lincoln is getting so big.