Sunday, September 26, 2010

Soccer Boys

This soccer season has been so much fun!  Liam and Lance live for soccer and I don’t know what we are going to do when the season ends.  This is Lance’s first season of soccer and he is loving every minute of it!  Lance has been kicking a soccer ball since he could barely walk and has patiently watched as Liam played 2 years of soccer.  It pays to have a big brother that practices with you in the backyard.  However, Lance can also be quite stubborn and only does things when he wants to do them, so we were interested to see how his first game would go.  We knew that if he did not think it was fun it would be a long season!  Well Rob and I were blown away at his first game.  Wow – this really sounds like I am bragging but hey this is my journal and I have to be honest – he did AWESOME!  He could not wait to play and once he was out on the field he got right in there and got control of the ball and scored his first goal!  He was so excited that he ran right off the field and gave Rob a big hug it was so cute!  I sent a text to a bunch of family members and told them  - Lance scored his first goal!  Then about 2 minutes later he scored another goal – and then another goal, and then another goal, and by the end of his first game he scored 5 goals!  I think Rob’s heart was about to burst with pride!  Liam was so cute because he was so excited for Lance.  He kept telling Lance how awesome he did and how amazing he thought he was – it was adorable!  So he has been a little star this season and we are so sad that he only has one more game.   

Here is Lance giving Rob a big hug after his very first goal!



Here is Lance and his buddy Sam - they are goof balls!


That is one thirsty boy!


Lance is stretching with his team (the orange pumpkins).  They are so stink'n cute!



This is Liam’s third year of soccer and he is also doing awesome!  At Liam’s first game this year I noticed the kids just seemed so much bigger and more competitive – it kinda made me sad thinking these boys are not so small and cute anymore – this is serious business!  Honestly I was kinda scared for them.  But Liam’s team has proven that they can hold their own against the other teams and they are playing really well.  I think the most important thing is that they are having fun and learning how to be a good team mate and I am pleased to see that they can be competitive and still have a lot of fun and build great friendships.  That is a big relief and I hope that continues!  Liam is really getting better with every game, it is fun to watch his improvement.  At his last game he scored 3 goals in a row.  He kept talking about it forever after the game.  He said, "Did you think you were watching me on tv like a professional?"  We are so proud of our soccer boys!  I love being a soccer mom.





Liam always has his tongue out when he plays!

2 comments:

Grandma E. said...

This reminds me about 23 years ago - Rick and Rob playing soccer!! They are naturals. Enjoy them and their talents!!! It is only the beginning!!! Go LIAM! GO LANCE!

Chris and Jamie said...

I'm so glad that both boys enjoy soccer! I played for 11 years and I miss it so much now. Congrats to both for awesome seasons!