Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lance's Joyschool

I am loving our little joyschool group.  There are 5 kids, 2 girls and 3 boys.   Our kids meet twice a week and we rotate houses every week.  So every 5 weeks I get to have these cute kids over at my house and this week is my week!  I want to look back and remember all the fun we had so I thought I would make a post on the blog real quick.  Today we started out with the usual circle time…. Hello song, ABC’s, days of the week song, pledge…  Then I told them about the number of the week, 6.  We did our number worksheets and I was way impressed by their coloring skills, the kids are making lots of improvement and staying in the lines!  Then I introduced the theme for the week: FALL!  Each child brought a show and tell that had something to do with Fall, and we went around the circle and talked about each one.  I had a few books about Fall that I read to them as well.  Then we did a little Fall craft.  I traced their arms and hands to make trees and then they made fall leaves for our trees with finger paints.  It was fun!  We sang some Fall songs.  We had snack time - yummy.  We talked about the letter of the week – L.  Then I put a bunch of Fall leaves on the table and asked the kids to make collages on papers with their leaves.  I covered their collages with contact paper.  Then it was play time!!!  We did not have enough time to go on a nature walk to look for fall colors, but we will do that Thursday! 2 hours sure flies by!

Here they are holding their flags for the pledge.





Coloring their worksheets.


Making their Fall trees....











Here they are holding up their leaf collections



Joyschool prep....  Sunday night we went up to the mountains to gather a bunch of Fall leaves to use for joyschool.  Liam and Lance had fun.  The sun sure is setting early lately - sunset snuck up on us!




The sunset from up there was amazing!




Lastly, I just wanted to throw in some pictures of Lance that I took on the first day of joyschool at the end of August.


He was cracking me up with all of his poses.




I did get one where he was sitting still - success!


3 comments:

paulandjenthatcher said...

Oh how fun! What cute ideas and fun things you ddid today! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

Kristin said...

So glad you're one of the joyschool moms! Thanks for the update!

Margo said...

How fun you are amazing Dani, looks like the kids had so much fun today at Joyschool. Love their paintings and the fall leaves display, you are awesome!! I love Joyschool!!!