Last night (wed. 9.29) was session #2 of painting with the Activity Day Girls in my ward. I was invited by my good friend Melynda who is an Activity Day Leader. We just worked on simple acrylic paintings of birds with fabric feathers. I think they turned out cute. These girls are so much fun. After they were done painting I talked a little about art and art history. I thought I would bore them to tears but they were all very interested and asked a lot of questions, which of course made my day. The girls asked me if I would give them more art lessons and so I am going to invite them over to my house to do more painting! I think I talked them all into entering the PTA Reflections Contest this Fall. I hope they do!
My mom watched my kids while I was painting with the girls (and Heather if you are reading this - thanks for taking Liam to his soccer game.) My mom stuck around for a while afterward and we made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and she read my boys stories and we just talked and talked. My parents are amazing. I seriously get teary eyed just thinking about all that they have done to help me during these last few months that Rob has been working late nights and weekends. Last week my dad came over and surprised me with a night off. Then both of my parents came Saturday night and watched the kids again so Rob and I could go on a little date. My parents are amazing. Their example is a lot to live up to.

4 comments:
oh i love it, thanks so much for doing this. you did so great and the girls loved it. you are the best i totally owe you.
ps. thanks for posting that ugly picutre of me. i totally need to wear more make-up!!!
Could life get any busier for you? You are amazing with all you do. I loved the bird pictures, the apple picking and the joyschool artwork. I want to live at your house.
Cute shirts on the boys too!
Hey Dani,
I love the bird art the girls made - you are so talented.
Thanks for the kind words. I love being your mommy. I was thinking this morning how blessed Liam, Lance and Lincoln are that you're their mommy. I'm so proud of you and all your accomplishments. Your entire life you've set the bar high and then amaze me by exceeding your goals - with enthusiasm! That's extraordinary - that's you - and I love you. Mom
Hi Dani - Wow, you're so busy, and such a great Mom! And Rob is a great Dad, you guys have it made! Thanks for sharing all your pictures.
Love, Aunt Melanie and Uncle Steve
Post a Comment