Liam is officially a big Kindergartener now! I have had a lot of people ask me how Liam is liking Kindergarten considering that he has been going through a little unexpected phase of separation anxiety. I am so grateful to say that he is LOVING Kindergarten. So far everything is going great! He is so excited to go to school everyday, and wishes school were longer! Seriously I am so grateful! It is so cute to hear him talk about what he did at school and tell me about his friends. It is adorable to see him trying to be a good little student. He always wants to be early to line up for class. He always double-checks his folder to make sure he has it in his bag and that he has all of his work done. He loves doing his homework; I hope this lasts as long as possible! Liam's teacher circles either a smiley face, an uh-oh face, or a sad face everyday to communicate with the parents about the kids behavior and so far has had all smiley faces, we are so proud of him for that! We had one little incident… They are not allowed to wear open – toe shoes to school and one day he realized just as he was walking into class that he had his sandals on. No big deal, right? I just told his teacher that I would be back soon with his shoes. So I walked home, fed Linc cause he was starving and answered a phone call and by the time I got back to the school 30 or so minutes had passed by and apparently Liam had been crying the whole time because he felt so out of place wearing his sandals. I felt horrible. Poor kid felt like he was breaking the rules and just could not function until he had his shoes on. Next time something like this happens I am going to book it back to the school! Lesson learned!
This first picture is of Liam at the Gap trying on some school clothes. It was such a fun night that Liam and I were able to spend together. He was being so sweet, I could tell he felt like such a big boy shopping for Kindergarten clothes and having all of my attention. My best friend since we were little called me that night and I told her I was school clothes shopping for Liam. Then she and I had this moment on the phone where we both were taken back for a minute and we realized how crazy it was that Liam was going into Elementary school, it feels just like yesterday when we met in Elementary School!
Here is Liam at Back to School Night playing on the playground.
Liam always gets a little surprise in his back pack on the first day of school!
Lance got a toy too since he just started preschool - a post on that to come.
The first day of school was "red" day. There was a different color everyday for the first 2 weeks.
Here he is lining up on the first day.
I can't forget to mention that Liam was put in the same class with his best buddy, Max! Funny I know but I shed a tear when I saw both of their names on the list, I just knew Liam would be so excited! This is actually their 4th year of school together if you consider that they were were in our little joyschool rotation together when they were two, then they went to Miss Charity together when they were 3, then Miss Debra when they were 4 and now Mrs. James for Kindergarten.
Here they are when they were 2 - right around the time when we started joyschool at our homes... They were both Buzz Lightyear for Halloween - too cute!

Here they are going to their first day of Preschool when they were 3.... we sure love Bryant too - we wish he went to the same Elementary School!

Here they are on the first day of preschool when they were 4...
And here they are on their first day of Kindergarten. I think these two will be friends for life!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment