I just seriously love these kids! I enjoyed having them over again today. So today we talked more about the Fall. We focused on Apples - since they are a Fall fruit. I read them a book about how apples grow and I read one of my favorite children’s books, The Giving Tree. It took some major control to hold back the tears while I read that book, it is the sweetest book and it gets me every time. We ate apples for snack time and we also made apple prints for a little craft. We talked about stars. I cut an apple across the middle and showed the star inside, they thought that was cool. We also learned more about the letter L and practiced drawing L’s on worksheets. We worked on drawing their names and of course had play time.
As if that was not enough about Apples…. I took my boys to an apple orchard this afternoon and we picked apples. I have been wanting to go there for a couple weeks. There were not many to pick from so we will have to go sooner next year. Liam and Lance thought it was exciting. They loved holding their own baskets and searching for the perfect apples. I love their enthusiasm about the smallest things at this age. It was fun. They had the most amazing Apple Cider for sale in their little shop – it was pricy but wow it was amazing! Lynette and Melynda, thanks for telling me about Farnsworth Farms!

2 comments:
Dani you have such an amazing gift! I bet those kids LOVE when it is your week!
Yeah for Farnsworth Farms wasn't that apple cider to die for!
I love joy school. You are so creative! It gets me so excited for Izabel. One of my favorite things I ever did with Madelyn!
We should have Izabel & Lincoln in the same class!
Post a Comment