Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random thoughts

I am just sitting here with a bunch of random thoughts and I just thought I would spit them out...

I went to Back to School Night for the first time as a parent tonight.  It was CRAZY to think about my little boy entering Kindergarten.  I don't know how to feel - scared? excited? nervous?  I think tonight I am mostly excited because Liam seemed to be in heaven at the BIG school.

I miss seeing my husband in the evenings, he has been working late every night and weekend preparing for a trial that is not until the end of September.  I am hoping I can be strong and make it through the next 6+ weeks without loosing my mind.

I am wondering if it is crazy that it is 9:30 pm and I want to can a batch of blackberry jelly tonight.

I am sad summer is coming to a close.

I am hoping I can update my blog with pictures from this summer so that I can finish the book I am making of the last 4 years of my posts.  It is a crazy project.

I miss all the kids in my art class.

Not only does Kindergarten start next week but I will officially have 2 boys in soccer.  It might get a little crazy with practices and games - but I will not complain lest I will look back at myself and laugh when I have 3 boys in soccer.

I want to open a toy/art supply store someday - I blame my Dad for my entrepreneurial dreams.  I dread the day my kids outgrow their little toys - I cried my eyes out at the end of Toy Store 3, if you have seen it you know what I mean.

I am so in love with my little Lincoln.  He is the most chill baby.  He is content and happy and smiley and adorable.  He is just a big ball of pure joy.  I can't believe he is 10 months old.

Liam is a sweetheart and Lance gives me a run for my money but he is just irresistible.

The weirdest thing keeps happening to me - I will be in public with my kids and I will count heads just to make sure they are all with me and I subconsciously look for a 4th child and I have to laugh at myself every time - duh you only have 3 kids silly!

Lastly (though I could go on and on) I wish I had the energy to put my house back together after I pulled it all apart to organize it.

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Sweet thoughts. :) Good luck with everything! I totally cried when I dropped Nathan off for his first day of Kindergarten. Your house is as organized as I dream my house to be! I hope Rob's trial goes well!!

Nicole said...

I know wasn't it so crazy last night. A little ovewhelming to think of them in that big school. They are going to love it though! Felicity misses her art class and you definitely planted in her a love for painting!

Chris and Jamie said...

Dani I just love you!
And yes I cried my eyes out at the end of Toy Story 3 too... in front of our friends no less. Oh well, at least I'm honest.
We're going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and we saw a preview of Toy Story Mania - I'll do really terrible one time through so I can take pictures for you! :)

Draper's said...

Dani,
I love your thoughts. I love that we share so many similiar thoughts in having three boys. I love that you count heads and count 4. You are so cute!!

Shaunee said...

I love random though posts! I'm totally feeling you on this one... I swear some of your thoughts are mine too! I am sad that summer is over. It went really fast didn't it? I miss my husband too. Between work and church callings, I feel like I never see him. And as far as counting kids, I do it at home too! I always feel that there are more than 4... but then I count the dog and Cam and realize that my cup runneth over!

I can't believe that Liam is in Kindergarten. I always forget that he is the same age as Syd. Crazy isn't it?? He's going to do great and I'm sure he'll love it.

Let's get together for lunch soon. I'm ready for an outing and we could meet half way somewhere. Let me know your schedule!

Heidi said...

I have a little tear in my eye now. That was indeed random and so sweet. That's exactly what goes on in a multifaceted woman's mind.

I can't believe Liam is starting school and you're now the Mom. It doesn't seem like that long ago that we met in Elementary School. I hope Liam discovers his best friend in the world too.