Friday, July 30, 2010

A change of plans

We planned to go camping and boating at Yuba Lake with Rob's family back in June but because of boat problems Rob's parents came up with a Plan B.  It turned out to be a fun couple of days.  We started by hiking Mt. Timpanogos.  I think I was about Liam's age last time I hiked it and so I did not remember the steep slope.  Rob carried Lincoln on his back the whole way up, I was amazed.  The cave was worth it - the boys LOVED it!  We also went down to Nephi with Rob's grandma to see some family history sites and hear some of the neat family stories.  We had a campout in my in-law's backyard and roasted hot dogs and s'mores.  Lastly, we went to This is the Place Heritage Park and visited the cabin that Rob's great-grandfather was born in.  Rob's grandma was in her pioneer costume telling stories to the visitors that day and it was fun to be there with her.  There were a lot of activities going on at the park that day for the kids too.  




















1 comment:

Shaunee said...

How fun! I sometimes think that those last minute staycations are the best kind.