Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Feeling better

My sick boys watching t.v. in early February....

Well I think it is definitely time to update my blog so that everyone does not think I am still in "a rut."  My sweet friend Heidi has been out of the country for the last few weeks and called me from the Atlanta airport on her way back home after reading my post - she was in tears & was really worried about me.  I felt bad to make her or anyone else worry and thus I am updating my blog.  It is unlike me to have break downs or to be depressed  - let alone share it all on my blog.  I tend to think that sometimes it is perfectly in order to be sick....  it means relaxing, watching a ton of t.v. and not feeling bad about it, having an excuse not to make the bed, renting lots of red box movies, staying in pj's all day, drinking hot apple cidar....  However the sicknesses that we had over the last few weeks were definitely not welcome and are not invited back - EVER.  They were the kind of sicknesses that knock you off your feet, you can't move your bones ache so bad, you are freezing all night but yet you wake up soaked in sweat - every night for days on end!!!!    I know that is disgusting.  Well anyway I think I have been dramatic enough and have beat this horse dead for sure - so now I can move on.  We are all feeling so much better now.    

So what did we do when we were all sick and bored and could not have friends over to play......  well besides watching way too much t.v. we pulled out the art supplies...


How is it that my boys never get bored of cutting paper - hours and hours of fun - it is wonderful.






I had to throw this one in - Liam loves making Robots and spent a lot of time playing with them.  He taught Lance how to make them too.

funny boy painting...




Making Valentines..... I wish I had more cute pictures of Liam's valentines but taking pictures was the last thing on my mind at the time...






Our family by Liam...




Liam is beginning to learn printmaking.... he thought it was really fun...  You can get supplies at Reuels if your kids are interested...

Liam spent a lot of time making his VIP poster for preschool last week...


Lance was very jealous of Liam's VIP poster so Rob took pity on him and helped him make his own poster  - it got messy as you can tell from his face - that is the scariest most adorable smile ever!


I am soooo looking forward to SPRING!  I can't wait!  I am sure once the weather warms up the boys will want to be outside all day and art projects will be the last thing on their mind - but for now I am enjoying their creativity and I love it when I hear, "Can I paint?" or "Can I draw?"  YES YOU CAN my baby boys!  ANYTIME.






2 comments:

Draper's said...

Yea!! I am glad you are feeling better!

Heidi said...

Your recent posts make me glad that you and everyones feeling better :) keep up your hiatus! I am here if you have any other SOS needs! Xoxo