Saturday, October 3, 2009

Sept. in a nutshell


Sept. just flew by. This pregnancy has flown by. Life is moving too fast! I can't believe I am going to have another baby in less than 2 weeks! I am going to be induced on Oct. 14th, crazy! I have been meaning to post pictures of the baby's room so I hope to do that this week. But in the meanwhile I thought I would sum up the month of Sept.......

Soccer.... lots of soccer games & sadly Liam's last game is this Tuesday. Rob has been an awesome coach. He is so patient and encouraging with the kids.

Nesting Instinct Craziness..... I am a nesting freak, and it seems to get worse with each pregnancy. AHHHHH, why me? For example, I touched up all the little imperfections on my walls, went through and organized my entire house and garage, scrubbed the house clean, have half of my Christmas shopping done.... I am going to stop there.

Canning..... I just did the basics to get my family by this year... We love Pear Jam and canned pears, and I made salsa for the first time. Rob loves home made salsa and can't stop eating it! I caught him eating some straight out of a jar with a spoon today like it was applesauce or something - weird. I had hopes of doing a lot more canning but my back was killing me after the first night of canning so I changed my mind.

Trying to get some fun outings in before it gets too cold.... swimming at Grandma and Grandpa Henriksens, lots of bike rides, the Dinosaur Museum, lots of time at the park, some fun Birthday parties...

Calling changes..... After pulling off our 3rd Primary Program on Sept. 13th I was released from my calling as Primary President. That was absolutely my favorite calling I have ever had & probably will ever have. I LOVE all the kids so much. I can't express my gratitude for all of the wonderful experiences I had in Primary and the friendships that were made there. Rob was called to be the new Elder's Quorum President in our ward the same week I was released! He had to get up for a 7:00 am meeting and I just laughed as I was able to sleep in! Now it is his turn! He will do a great job! I already received a new calling.... Compassionate Service Leader. It is weird to be back in Relief Society, I am trying to adjust because I miss the kids so much. Check out the picture of the 25 pizzas Rob picked up for our Pizza Party after our Primary Program Practice. What a sweet husband I have to pick all those up!

Well here are some pictures from Sept....








5 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

You have been nesting like crazy!!! I have noticed it for awhile now. I am glad you get to rest now from such a huge calling. The boys are so much fun and we can't wait to see the new one soon. It has gone by way too fast.

Veronica said...

Yea for October babies!! Looks like our boys will only be two days apart. Our guy is set to arrive next Monday on the 12th! It's Columbus Day...we should name him Christopher.

I'm a little envious that you got released :) I know that sounds devilish. We have 9:00 church in January and I'm so not looking forward to early morning meetings. Ugh.

Y'all had a fun and busy month! BTW, I am crazy nester too. Too bad my body won't allow me to do too much these days though. Not fair :(

Jamie said...

You have been busy! Good luck with the new baby coming so soon! Good luck to Rob on his calling! You always do so great with everything. You will be a wonderful at compassionate service. I'm sure the primary will miss you, too!

M. Drape said...

I am excited to see your little guy!! Gotta love the nesting.

Heidi said...

Danners, I am just shaking my head with a smile on my face too. You are nuts. Christmas shopping almost done!! I guess you can't be too prepared. That must be your motto. Love ya and have so much fun with this new little guy. I can't wait to meet him in Dec. Oh and I talked to my mom and we found the sling!!! She's going to email or call ya after the weekend and bring it by next week.