So the last week has been CRAZY! I had this great plan at the beginning of the summer that I would get everything done that I could possibly want to get done before I have the baby by the first of September and then just RELAX and do nothing but enjoy time with my husband and boys before the baby comes. Oh if only things would go as planned! The biggest thing I wanted to do was organize the last 6 years of our photos into months on our new Mac, and then make photo books and DVD's of my boys over the last 2 years. We debated and debated whether to get a MAC - but we figured we would have the computer for the next few years while my kids are so young and their pictures are so precious and I really wanted to be able to take advantage of imovie and iphoto during these years. So we got the Mac and over the summer I spent many nights working on projects and editing hundreds of pictures in photoshop. I made a DVD for each of my boys, I worked on 3 photo books for the boys, I made a DVD of our Primary as well.... I spent hours and hours.... It was a very fun hobby and for some reason it really helped me feel like my life was together and I was feeling good about having this little baby. Well so out of the blue - our 4 month old Mac computer CRASHED! With no warning at all!!!!!! SERIOUSLY! I about had a heart attack. Nothing is more precious to me than pictures of my children. We were foolishly not backing up our computer thinking it was brand new and we were fine. Crazy us!!!! So we lost everything since February, all of our pictures, the DVD's, the books... everything! All of our Easter pictures, Liam's Birthday, our family vacation to the Disneyland and the Beach, Lance's Birthday, and all of the fun things we did during the summer - except for San Francisco which was still on my camera thank goodness! I think I have shed a tear for every picture I miss sooooo badly! It just kills me! Individual pictures keep popping into my head everyday that I do not have and it just rips my heart out!!! I can't stop thinking about them - it kills me! So there is a possibility that we may be able to recover them but it would cost at least $1200! We spent over $1200 in pictures for our wedding day and that was just one day worth of pictures! So it is tempting. My only solace is my BLOG!!! Thank goodness for the few but precious pictures I put on my blog of my boy's Birthdays and Disneyland and this summer. If it were not for the blog I would definitely be forking out the $$$$$. So that
was just the beginning of my CRAZY week. I don't even have the energy to go into more.
Having that said, there have been three wonderful things that happen over the last week.... My Dad turned 50 years old, Liam started preschool, and my niece MaKenna was blessed! It was really fun celebrating my Dad's big day with him. He is the best Dad and Grandpa in the world! My boys ADORE him! He is the kind of Grandpa that gets down on the floor with them and rolls around for hours getting all their energy out for me! He throws the ball with them, takes them McDonalds whenever they want, comes along on fun outings, takes them to movies.... When they think of Grandpa (and Grandma of course - who is equally awesome) they think of FUN!!!! So Happy 50th Birthday to my awesome Dad!
I have been really excited for Liam to start preschool this month. He had such a fun experience last year that he missed preschool all summer! His teacher this year is Miss Debra and she is awesome! She has a lot of fun things planned for the year - and more than anything I just want Liam to have FUN! He is going to preschool with his best friend - Max, that lives on our street. Those two boys are inseparable. We just love Max! Liam talks about how he misses going to preschool with his friend Bryant that he loves too - so we will have to have lots of play dates with Bryant! It is hard to believe that Liam is starting Kindergarten in 1 year. I have been so proud of him lately. He has really been trying to make good choices and make compromises lately when he has to - which is hard to do. He is learning to be more responsible. He also started soccer a few weeks ago which is the LOVE of his life! He also wants to know everything - his questions are endless but I love them because that means he is thinking a lot and learning! He is becoming more sensitive and aware of others. It is fun to watch him grow and become a Big Boy! Oh how I love that boy! I look forward to all of the wonderful experiences he will have in preschool this year!
Lastly, my brother blessed his sweet little baby MaKenna today. She is such an adorable little sweetheart! It was such a special thing to witness my brother bless his first little baby. He did not even seem nervous at all. We are so happy to have little MaKenna!
3 comments:
NO. WAAAAAY!! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just read that kind of news. I read it out loud to Scott because pictures are his thing and he let out a giant. UUUUUUUUUUUUUGH!!! And I was relieved to hear he backs up our pictures in 3 places. There's got to be a way to avoid that pricetag!! I almost lost everything on my laptop when it died 2 years ago and I brought it to like circuit city, they removed the hard drive and put all the info on DVDs. I paid $100 to do that then our friend, Lorenzo said he could've done it for free. Sheesh.
Soooo sorry to hear that! That is so crappy. Good luck with that. Liam & Max look so cute in that picture!
Super cute first day of school pictures!! Dani the program was great!!! Way to go on all of your hard work!!!
Post a Comment