Wednesday, October 7, 2009

1 week to go.....


I can't believe I am having a baby in 1 week from today!

The baby's room....

There is something so fun about putting together a room for a new baby! At first when I found out I was having ANOTHER BOY I thought it would not be that fun to put together a boy room for the 3rd time. However, one day I was just walking past the room and all of these decorating ideas came into my mind. All of a sudden I had a plan and I was really excited! The first project was to re-paint the dresser that I have had since I was a little girl. It was too girly (with flowers on it) so I decided to paint it blue and I love it! Then I decided to re-paint the crib red. I have never really liked that crib but I thought I could put up with it for one more baby if I painted it. Rob actually helped me with all of these projects, so I should say "we" instead of "I". Then we painted the walls a tan color instead of white, but we left the green stripe. Lastly we hung some curtains and the paintings that I painted back in August. I love how the room feels so different - even though everything is being used for the 3rd time! I proved myself wrong and I am still surprised at how much fun it was to decorate for a boy again! So here are some pictures of the room.... The only thing missing are pictures of the baby on the wall!








I wanted to show the next few pictures just for fun.... They are some of the little things that make up the baby's room. It is crazy how many little things babies need. It is a huge chore stocking a baby's room and it is a good feeling to finally be ready for the little guy!




Isn't this a cute little Halloween costume...





Don't all babies deserve to sleep on something as soft and fluffy as this little lamb....





The diaper bag is packed and ready to go!


My mom helped me sew these burp rags, she is awesome!




Lastly, this is totally random but after 3 1/2 years living in our house I finally figured out what to do with the empty wall over my washer and dryer.... I turned it into an art exhibit with my kid's art work! Why didn't I think of this sooner?


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Dani, that room is so cute! You are definitely prepared for this little one to come. I'm so excited to see pictures of him! Good Luck!

Draper's said...

Super Cute!!! You did an awesome job!!

McGuire's said...

You are so stinkin prepared!! Good job! The room looks great. Good luck this last week. (by-the-way, I have the same blanket and baby boy outfit as you.)

Kelly and Melissa said...

I can't wait for another nephew. It will be so fun to meet the little guy. I'll definantly have to take pointers when it comes my turn to have a baby. Good luck!! Keep us posted.

Jamie said...

Everything looks great!!! I love it! Good luck!

Chris & Missy said...

Wow! I can't believe that baby #3 will be here so soon! We can't wait to meet him. It looks like you guys are all set. By the way, I love the nursery! Hope all goes well for you guys!

Debi said...

Oh Dani! I love your ideas. You are a creative genius. Did you know that? You really are. Someday I hope to be as organized as you are. Can't wait to see pictures of your little one!

Cal said...

Your house is so cute! You do such a good job decorating. I need to hire you!!!

Cal said...

Oh, that above comment by "Cal" is really me, Julianna. :)