Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lance's 2nd Birthday!

2 years ago our little boy was born!

Our sweet little Lance turned 2 years old on June 1st!  Oh how we love that little boy!  He has been such a sweetheart since the day he was born!  We can not imagine our lives without him.  Some things we love about him are: his adorable little smile, the way he says, "please" in the most adorable way over and over until he gets what he wants, his soft blond hair, how he takes his shoes off almost every time he gets in the car just to drive us crazy, how he repeats whatever is being said during family prayer, how he adores his big brother, how he laughs whenever anyone else is laughing, his obsession with bananas, his sensitivity and love for others, all of his kisses and hugs, how he still drools all over himself all day long, how he says he is "4" when you ask him how old he is, how we catch him singing his own version of I am a Child of God, or Twinkle Twinkle, and how he is always up for any adventure!  Rob and I were overwhelmed with love for him from the moment he was first placed in our arms.  Now that he is 2 years old he seems like a little boy.  I only wish he could be a little baby in my arms again!  I can't express how grateful I am to be his mother.  I am so lucky that I get to spend my days with my boys.  There is no greater blessing!  Goodness, I have not even gotten to what we did on his Birthday yet!  Well Birthdays are just a big excuse to have fun all day!  Well backing up....  the night before Lance's Birthday Rob and I decorated the house.  For Liam's Birthday a week and a half earlier we had a little family party when we got back from California and Rob made this awesome spiderweb that went across our kitchen out of streamers - because it was a Spiderman Birthday Party.  So we felt like we had to do something pretty cool for Lance so we spent about an hour hanging up Buzz Lightyear pictures, streamers and balloons hanging upside down from the ceiling.  I am so sad that I do not have a good picture of it.  It was totally ridiculous and crazy, and I am not sure we will be able to maintain such elaborate decorating standards for future Birthdays, but it was fun!  It was worth all the effort when we saw Lance's face in the morning.  He definitely knew it was his special day when he saw the decorations.  After breakfast, we went to Kangaroo Zoo - a place right down the street from us that is full of bouncing toys.  They sent Lance a free admission coupon for his Birthday and so we just had to go.  Liam and Lance had the time of their lives bouncing, and bouncing and bouncing away!  That place is child heaven!  After a good nap, we went to see the new Disney movie, "UP" with Grandma Henriksen.  I could not believe that Lance sat happily through the entire 1 hour 52 min. movie.  It was a Birthday miracle.  Lance loved the movie, Liam was very scared of the dogs in the movie.  We ate the entire bag of popcorn!  That evening we invited family over for a little Buzz Lightyear Birthday party.  Lance is obsessed with Buzz Lightyear and runs around the house saying, "To e, e, and beyond" translation... to infinity and beyond!  So Lance got to dress up in his Buzz Lightyear costume, but surprisingly did not want to stay in it for more than 5 minutes.  Lance loved opening his presents and he would always say "thank you" after each present he opened, it was adorable.  Since he LOVES bananas we had banana splits with all sorts of yummy toppings for dessert, instead of cake.  It was a hit.  It was sad when his Birthday was over because it was so much fun!  It was a special day!  I have to say thank you to Liam and Lance's awesome grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends that helped make Liam and Lance's Birthdays so special.  They are so blessed and loved and we are soooo grateful! 

Lance eating his banana split!

Opening Presents!

Little Buzz Lightyear

Bouncing, bouncing and more bouncing at Kangaroo Zoo!

Lance got 2 dollars from Grandma and Grandpa McGuire!

Happy Birthday Lance!


5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

really? He is already 2? Happy Birthday little guy! Glad you had such a fun birthday!

Margo said...

Wow time sure does fly. 2 years old. What a fun birthday party and love all the things you wrote about him. Happy Birthday Lance!

Debi said...

He's so cute! Looks like he had a fun birthday. Let's get together sometime this summer. I'll call you.

McGuire's said...

It's really no fair how fast time flies. I can't really remember my girls as babies and it makes me so sad. Your boys are sure cute and so sweet. Looks like Lance had a great day!

Joanna McGuire said...

We love Lance as well, he is such a fun little boy. I am glad to be one of his aunts. That was a fun birthday party and so was Liam's. You guys host great parties, I can't wait for more.