Happy 4th of July!
We had a wonderful 4th of July weekend. The 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year. It has become a tradition for us to take Liam and Lance to the Evergreen parade in Holladay with our Henriksen extended family each year. It is on the street that my mother-in-law grew up on and she has gone to the parade every year since she was little. My husband has gone to the parade since he was little too. The boys love it because they get so much candy thrown at them from people in the parade! Lance was hilarious because he would pick up one sucker and then someone else would throw him a sucker so he would hand us the old sucker, and then he'd get another one, and another one. I had a handful of suckers that were licked a couple of times. After the parade we hung out with family at Rob's grandpa's house. Then Grandpa Henriksen took the grandkids to a carnival down the street - giving us parents a much needed break. The boys had a blast playing games with Grandpa. Liam got his face painted there too! Following the carnival we went over to Rob's parent's house for a BBQ and swim party! The food was great and the swimming was really refreshing after the hot parade!
Later that day we headed to the Bee's game with my parents! The boys did surprisingly well at the game. I was a little nervous when we got there because our seats were in the middle of a very long row of people and I was afraid they would get annoyed of us if we had to get in and out of our seats a lot. Luckily the boys stayed pretty entertained. I was really hoping that it would be a 9 inning game because I really just wanted to see the fireworks! Of course the game tied up in the 9th inning! Rob said jokingly, "I bet we will loose in the 12th inning." Sure enough at 11:30 pm we lost in the 12th inning! Rob is physic, I should probably listen to him more often. Just like he said we would have all boys! Crazy man! Well it was the longest baseball game I have ever been to! Thank goodness my parents took the kids on a long walk around the baseball stadium and bought them a treat, they even bought them souvenirs! They saved the day! Finally the Fireworks started and they were worth the wait. I LOVE fireworks! I am soooo grateful to live in America and I almost get tears in my eyes every single year when I am watching fireworks. It is fun to teach my children about this wonderful country that we live in and to share the holiday with them. Thank goodness for this wonderful country!
We caught a picture with Barry the Bee!
Happy Birthday America!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun fourth!! You look so darling pregnant!!
What a fun celebration you guys had!! It was so fun to hang out the other day...we'll need to do it again :)
Post a Comment