A Disneyland Birthday!
On May 20th Liam turned 4 years old! We can't believe our little boy is a 4 year old! We decided that it would be a lot of fun to take the boys to Disneyland on Liam's Birthday! We decided to drive down - in our Honda Accord, which was completely filled with all of our stuff including clothes, toys, towels, beach toys and floaties, food, drinks, a stroller and much more.....! It is amazing how much stuff we fit in that little car. Our Honda has been our transport for many wonderful vacations and it dawned on us that this would probably be our last family trip that we would be able to take in our little car because we will not be able to fit a family of 5 and everything else in that little car. We were amazed at how well the boys did on the long drive. We tried to break it up by stopping in Cedar City and then going to Zions for a day. We also made a quick stop in Vegas on the way down. Eventually we arrived in California and the first thing we did was head to the beach! The boys could have stayed there all day long just playing in the sand! Lance did not like the cold water but Liam loved it! The highlight of the trip was definitely Disneyland! Though our kids seem so young we realized that they are really such a great age for Disneyland! Liam, who is tall for his age, was able to go on every single ride except the Indiana Jones ride! Lance could go on all rides except the fast ones like Thunder Mountain, the Matterhorn.... which I could not go on anyway because of pregnancy. I must admit it was a little sad that I could not go on those rides because Disneyland is one of my favorite places in the world and I love those rides! It was sooo neat to see the boy's faces just light up on all of the fun rides. I love how most of the rides there are the same ones I went on as a child. Riding them takes me right back to my childhood and it is just so fun to experience those rides with my own children for the first time! It was definitely worth every penny! We got there at 9:00 am and left at 9:00 pm. I did not expect to be so worn out by the end of the day - I don't know how people do 2, 3 or 4 days in a row at Disneyland. I just can't wait until the next time we go to Disneyland again! Another highlight of the trip was going to the "Aquarium of the Pacific." It was an amazing aquarium! We loved how they had a bunch of touching pools where we were able to touch all sorts of fish. The boys had a blast! All in all the trip was wonderful and we were not ready to come home by the end. We are so proud of our big 4 year old! It has been so fun to watch Liam grow in the last year. He is such a fun kid with a great sense of humor. He is always making us smile and we are so grateful that he is part of our family! Lance just celebrated his 2nd Birthday last week too! Hopefully I will be able to post about it later this week! Birthdays are so fun with little kids!
7 comments:
Yea for Disneyland and the Beach. For Hinarei's birthday we went to Sea World we had such a fun time. Glad to see that you guys had a great time too. It was good to see you at the baptism yesterday. You look so cute pregnant.
That looks so totally fun!!!!! I love it!!!
I so heart disneyland! Good for you for going. This time of their life is so magical! Happy Birthday Liam! Glad you had a good time and way to be so active being prego!
What a great vacation!! I am glad your kids did so great on the drive.
How fun is that!!! I love Disneyland and think it’s the happiest place on earth for sure! I can’t believe that Liam is 4 years old, what a great Birthday for him
No better place to spend your birthday! Looking at your pictures make me miss it even though we were just there in November. Sounds like you had a great time!
You are such a cute mommy! How sweet to take cute Liam on a fun trip like that. I bet he will always remember his 4th birthday and how special it was. So cute! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment