Monday, October 27, 2008

Something you may not know about me...

Something you may not know about me....
I am in love with children's toys! My current favorite store is Lakeshore Learning (5500 S. 9th E. SLC) and the images below are just some of the things from that store that I would like to have for my kids someday. Oh how I love Christmas! As a matter of fact I asked Rob if I could have the "We Play Brick Me" large legos for my Christmas present because I can't wait to play with them! My favorite time of day is playtime!

If any of you are crazy enough to be thinking about Christmas before Halloween here are some of the toys that have been a hit at our house:

Wader car garage - pretty much indestructible
All Melissa and Doug puzzles, especially the shape and letter ones that come in boxes
plastic animals of all assortments
play food and kitchen
candy land, shutes and ladders
Playmobile 123 - love them!
basketball hoop
ball popper
any action figures!
cars, cars and more cars
Magformers - awesome construction toy!
Legos - of course
Any arts and crafts things
Tolo brand shape sorter
magnetic gears

I better stop there.

I can't forget to mention my second favorite toy store: The Red Balloon (3300 S. 20th E. SLC). They are having a 15% store wide sale until Thanksgiving.

Oh and just a head's up.... Just so you are convinced that I am crazy.... I scanned over 200 of my favorite coloring and activity pages from the last 10 years of FRIEND magazines and put them onto a CD for anyone that wants a copy. I have been given permission by the Friend magazine to distribute them and will give anyone as many copies as they want. Great for stocking stuffers. I am making one for every family in my ward with children in Primary and Nursery. I will only charge for the cost of the CD and case which is 50 cents. I will post more about this later because I will be having a company make a bulk order of copies of the pages for anyone that wants as well. I think the company charges 3 cents a page. I will post about this in the next couple of weeks. I have used the pages many times for Primary activities, Sharing Time, Nursery activities, Family Home Evening..... I love the FRIEND!














11 comments:

Kristin said...

You're so cute Dani! Kids toys are way fun huh! I would totally love a copy of a CD with all of those Friend coloring pages. That would be awesome. Let me know k. - Kristin

Margo said...

Love those kids toys you totally rock. I totally want to get a copy of the CD too and friend coloring pages. My daughter would probably love this more than the toys we will get for her. Count me in.

Shaunee said...

Yeah! I want some copies... probably several if that's o.k.!! Thanks for doing all the hard work!

McGuire's said...

Wow! That is awesome, I would love a copy too! You're amazing! and i never commented on your Hawaii trip, but that looked like soooooooo much fun! That is so awesome you guys did it! 9 bucks for a gallon of milk! ouch, that would be bad at our home!

Anonymous said...

Dani, what a great idea (the friend pages!) I'm definatly going to want some when you do it. Thanks for the tip on the toy store too. I'll have to check it out this month.

I hope your mom is doing well. What a year!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dani - jumped on your blog from Veronica's and read about the cds. What a great resource! I would love a copy...thanks!

Heidi Buchi said...

Danielle-You are amazing! I love reading about activities to do with kids and ideas for toys and things. Thanks for all the advice of where to go and what to do! I would like a copy of the pictures on cd also! Let me know when you can get them and I will come out to get mine. Thanks a bunch! Heidi

Chris & Missy said...

Hey Dani! Thank you for all of the toy and book ideas! All of those toys look like so much fun, and I'm sure that I will be just like you. I will probably be more excited to play wih Morgan's toys than her!

Debi said...

Love all the toy ideas! Can I have 3 copies of the cd? I can come pick them up. Let me know. Thanks!

Bethany said...

Wow, what a great list of toys. I wish I loved to play with my kids like that! Glad you shrared

hromney said...

http://www.thetoysnob.blogspot.com/
I confess, I love toys too. I just found this website I thought you might like too. I would also love a copy of your friend pages too!