Sunday, October 26, 2008

Back to life


Back to life
The day we left Hawaii was the hottest day of our trip and after getting some good sunburns we cooled down by eating a heavenly Hawaiian Shaved Ice with pina colada and guava flavoring. Those of you who have had one know how amazingly delicious they are, they even mixed vanilla ice cream in - yummy! It is like a snow cone but the ice is shaved instead of crushed and it is just pure goodness. Well after a red eye flight this is what we came home to.... a snow storm that left 4 inches of snow at our house! It quickly melted but we had enough time to go out and play in the snow with Liam and Lance. Lance does not remember snow at all so he was really hesitant to play in it but Liam could not get enough of it and stayed outside for quite some time!





We went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point to watch cousin Gracie's dance recital. She was soooo stink'n cute! I had no idea it would be so fun for the kids too. There were tons of blow-up toys to slide down and jump on. We could have stayed forever. There was also a haunted house, carnival games and a train ride. It was great. Then my sister-in-law Holly and I went to a burger place called something like "JCW's" right by the freeway exit for Thanksgiving Point and it was amazing! The food was delicious and everyone seemed to have a shake in hand and they were huge so I decided they must be good and I better order one. I ordered a small and it was the biggest shake I have ever had, and it was only $2.50. It was awesome. But no shakes are better than the ones that Rob makes for me almost every night - confession! Rob indulges my shake addiction and he is soooo good at making them perfectly. He doesn't even measure but somehow he always gets the perfect combination of ice cream, milk and chocolate syrup! What a guy!


















We went to our neighborhood Trunk or Treat on Friday night and the kids had a blast! Liam is Spiderman this year and Lance is our cute little Dragon. I love Lance's costume because there is a lot of padding around the hips and it makes him look like he had the biggest bottom, soooooo cute!







Lastly, I just want to say that my thoughts are with my mom tonight. She is going in for a mastectomy on Tuesday. She may have to do chemo following the surgery depending on whether they find cancer in her lymph nodes. She is such a wonderful mother and grandmother. She is the sweetest person I know and just has sooooo much love for everyone. I look up to her sooooo much! I breaks my heart to have to see her suffer anymore after all she has been through this year, but she is the most amazing person and I can't wait for her to get past this!

1 comment:

Shaunee said...

Fun Halloween activities! The kids are getting big! Our thoughts and prayers are with Aunt Sue. We wish her the best and she is a fighter... any McGuire is!!