Monday, November 17, 2008

Busy Week!



Last week was a bit busy to say the least. Besides normal everyday life and announcing my little creations blog, we had our Primary Program Practice / pizza party on Saturday and the actual program on Sunday. We ordered 19 pizzas for our Primary kiddos and they were devoured! Don't you love Little Caesar's?

I was sooooo proud of the Primary kids. They all did a great job which was a pleasant surprise because I think we fed them soooo full on Saturday before the practice that half of them were falling asleep in their seats. The other half were jumping up and down in their seats due to the fact that they are children and the majority of them are 5 years and younger! So we were having a hard time getting more than half of them to sing. The Primary Chorister and I left on Saturday a bit stressed wondering how in the world the Program would go. Then they surprised us all and sang their little hearts out on Sunday! It was really sweet! They are just the most amazing kids!

Last year the fire alarm went off twice during the program. This year there was a letter from the 1st Presidency read, a baby blessing, the reorganization of the Relief Society Presidency and a lot of other callings and what seemed like endless announcements before the program even started. By the time the program started we only had 20 minutes left so we went quite a bit over:) Of course you can't really take a big sigh of relief once the program is over because you still have 2 hours of Church left with a bunch of hyper kids who know there is a treat and movie waiting for them in the Primary room. But once Church was over I took a HUGE sigh of relief. Rob made dinner and I crashed.

Now it is Monday and back to life and burning more and more ...... FRIEND magazine CDs! I sit here wondering what has happened to my once sane life? But I wouldn't change it for the world. I love serving in Primary. I also love sharing my much loved hobby with people - until Dec. 20th at least when I stop taking orders. Life is sometimes crazy, but fun!

3 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

That sounds like a crazy week. You are such a good primary president and do a great job.

Jamie said...

You're amazing, Dani! I get tired just reading your posts! :)

Shaunee said...

I'm glad the program is done. I remember crying when it was over because I was so proud of the kids and so happy it was over!! Hope you are able to enjoy your holiday season and you're not too overwhelmed! it was good to see you. Seriously, we should do lunch!