Saturday, November 13, 2010

I surprised him good

So why in the world am I blogging on a Saturday night?  That is a good question and one that I am asking myself right now.  I am home alone and I guess I have no life when my kids are asleep and Rob is not home.  So I just wanted to post about how I surprised Rob really good on Thursday night.  Rob's brother Rick and I have been conspiring for 5 months believe it or not to surprise Rob with a trip to South Bend Indiana to go to the U of U vs. Notre Dame football game.  Rick first brought up the idea of surprising Rob.... and I being oblivious to the world of college football said, "So is that cool that the U is playing Notre Dame?"  Rick laughed at me.  Apparently Notre Dame is pretty much the home of college football and just being in the stadium is a special experience for crazy college football fans like Rob and his brother.  This game would also be the first time that the U of U has ever played Notre Dame and so yes it was a BIG DEAL.  Rick said, "Rob never does anything for himself - he really deserves to go."  I agreed with all my heart!  Rob is always more concerned about everybody else and is always making sacrifices for others.  I was so excited to do something nice for him!  So Thursday night Rob came home from work and there were red and white balloons all over the place (Liam blew them up all by himself).  I had a little gift bag full of junk food on the counter for him to take on his trip and a note which said he was headed on an airplane the next morning to South Bend Indiana with Rick for the Utah Football game.  I have never seen him smile so big and be so excited (ok well except for every time we found out we were having a boy).  That whole night he was just beaming with excitement.  He packed his bags which consisted entirely of University of Utah apparel.  He could not sleep all night long - which became quite annoying because he would wake me up every hour saying, "I have the best wife in the world."  He kept wanting to hug me and I was as tired as can be and I kept wanting to say, "I know I am awesome  - now let me get some sleep!"  Well so now it is Saturday night and the game is over - unfortunately the Utes lost.  It also was pouring rain and Rob was soaked - but I hope that just made it more memorable.  Despite those things Rob said it has been a really neat experience and he was so excited to be on the campus of Notre Dame.  I can't wait to pick him up from the airport tomorrow night and hear more about his trip!

Here is a picture of Rob reading the letter and finding out he was headed to Notre Dame...


Oh and one more surprise - his favorite dessert in the fridge - banana cream pie...  



He sent me this picture from his iphone today!  


I sure hope he is having a great time.  I am so glad that he has such a great brother that cares so much about him and shares his LOVE of college football and the U of U.  Rick is the best.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

You are the best wife! He looks so happy in the pictures. Surprises are so fun on both ends! I'm impressed you kept it from him for 5 months! He'll never forget it!!

melynda said...

oh my gosh, you are a nice wife. adam would have loved that surprise!! you are so cute.

Joey and Nettifer said...

awesome!

Shaunee said...

What a great surprise. I love his smile... he's like a kid in a candy store! That is so awesome!!

PS. You have been so good at blogging... I can hardly keep up with you!