I am currently re-organizing all of my photos to store them online and I have been going through the photos of our first year of marriage. I just wanted to post some of these pictures because they bring me right back to that wonderful and exciting time. It seems like it was just yesterday (though it has been over 7 years already). Ah, life was so simple then. Rob and I both look back fondly on that time, though life seems to get better and better as time goes by. I am a lucky girl that I snatched Rob. I was quite smart to recognize a great catch when I saw him especially considering I was barely 20 when we were married! These pictures are really out of order, our honeymoon is at the end, but I am too lazy to reorganize! Please allow me to indulge myself in sentimentalism for a moment.
This is me on the campus of UNLV - this was Jan. 2004. I LOVED that school and I am proud to be a Rebel!
Visiting back home in Utah, it seemed we went to a U of U sporting event during every trip home. My boys love this picture of Swoop eating my head!
Our first Christmas. My parents framed my favorite wedding picture.
Playing an angel and a shepherd that Christmas.
Manti Temple with Rob's extended family, an annual tradition.
Visiting my extended family in Muncie Indiana 10.03
The Manning Family in Indiana
Going backwards.... This was our move to Las Vegas 3 months after we got married. That is ALL of our stuff on that trailer surrounded by chicken wire. We decided to drive to Vegas in the middle of the night since it was going to rain the next morning and all of our stuff would get soaking wet. We could not afford a moving truck. It was a long night. We did not have much and I gave Rob a hard time because all the stuff was mine.... the couch, the bed, the dresser, the tv. I did not marry him for money that's for sure!
This was at Rob's 5 year High school reunion right after we got married. He wrote on this paper what he thought he would be doing in his life 5 years after graduating and he wrote, "Getting ready for Law School, married." I thought that was amazing since we had just been married and were moving to Vegas for Law School.
At the reunion...
A hike...
Our trip to San Fran with Rob's family 2 months after we were married.... 7.03
Vegas, I love this picture of Rob.
Ok going backward again.... this is in the lucky hot tub seats at the 2002 Utah vs. BYU football game. This is one of Rob's favorite pictures of all times.
Our honeymoon in Hawaii
Thanks for letting me reminisce and share these photos!

















6 comments:
Ahhh, so sweet! You're such a cute couple... and family! I really admire you.
I love this!! Isn't is so crazy when you look back at that time? It seems like it was just yesterday. Now look at you, all busy with three boys!
I was hugely pregnant with Paige at your wedding. I think I had her just a couple of weeks later.
Thanks for the pictures! That was fun.
P.S. I love the In-N-Out drink in your hand in the first picture!!
So cute Dani I love looking at old pictures and remembering back in the day... My mom has a picture of us on her wall from when we went river rafting in Jackson Hole. Do you remember that? That is where elle
inad and assirac came into play. HAHA!
I should do a post like this! But I don't know if I want to scan all those pictures :p So fun looking at your life in this way!
Love these pictures!!! You two are so cute!!
awwww!! I love you guys and it brings a tear to my eye because I loved sharing those times with you...watching you and Rob fall in love and get married, then coming down to Vegas alot and sometimes on a whim! I cherish those days forever.
Post a Comment