Lance played in his last Fall soccer game on Saturday October 9th. It was pretty funny. He sure is ambitious out there and he played his heart out. However, he decided if there is a goal wide open he should score - whether or not it was his goal. I know he scored at least 2 goals for the other team even with his coach and everyone else yelling for him to turn the ball around. It is not that he did not already know not to kick the ball in the other's teams goal or that he could not hear us yelling to turn it around. He just thought we were all crazy he looked at us like, "Hello, there is a goal right here wide open, I am not going to run this ball clear down the field to the other goal!" So that is Lance for you. So cute but so stubborn. However, he did make up for it by scoring a handful of goals in the right goal! I am so impressed by his drive to be a good little soccer player. In some ways I am baffled. I wonder what motivates a little 3 year old to want to run around exhausting himself kicking the ball all over the field. But wherever he gets his motivation from, I am so grateful. It has been fun to see him enjoy something so much. He is obsessed with orange now and he would wear his orange shirt everyday. He kicks the ball in the backyard all the time. He talks about soccer constantly. We were all kinda sad walking away from his last game, but we went out to breakfast to celebrate Lance's great season! Liam's team plays their last two games this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment