Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Art Class looking back

As some of you already know I taught a little preschool art class this summer for Liam and some friends his age.  It was honestly one of the funnest things I have ever done.  The class was twice a week for 5 weeks and ended with an art exhibition night at my house on July 1st.  We had about 150 pieces of the kid's art work on display in my backyard.  My little artists invited their friends, parents, and grandparents that night.  It was really neat to see how proud they were of their amazing artwork.  I showed a little movie at the exhibition night for the kids to watch.  It has taken me 2 months but I have finally added pictures of the exhibition night to the end of the video, and I am burning a copy for all the kids.  If you would like to watch it click here.  It is basically just a collaboration of pictures I took throughout the class.  I played some Hannah Montana music during the first class and the kids loved it and asked me to play the music everyday.  So I decided to put that music on the video - incase you are wondering why I chose the songs:)

I am forever indebted to 2 people: Rob for supporting my crazy ideas and allowing these kids to run around our house with paintbrushes in hand, and Lynette (Madelyn's mom) for completing a million projects for me such as making drawing books, plaques with the kids names on them, making books for each child with pictures of every single piece of art they finished in class - amazing..... hanging tons and tons of artwork at my house, decorating for the exhibition night, going shopping for candy with me, making the cute invitation to the exhibition.....  and tons more!!!!!  She is so amazing, everything she did meant so much to me!  There is no end to her talents!

I am looking forward to teaching an art class for Lance after the holidays.




5 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

Thanks again for doing that art class! We seriously can't thank you enough! You are so amazing to me! We still talk about it at our house and Madelyn's art is hung very proud!
Thanks for the kind words about me! You are so sweet & You are such a good friend! Love you! I will help you again and again - whenever you want or need it! Even if my kiddos aren't in the class! Seriously! Love you!

Joanna McGuire said...

You did such a great job with the class. I loved all of the kids artwork. That will be fun if you can do one with Lance and his friends.

Jamie said...

So fun, Dani! You are amazing! Can I take your art class next time? :) The video made me tear up by the end. . .

Kristin said...

Loved the video!! Thanks Dani! You are amazing! My son LOVED that art class!

Debi said...

It sounds like we really missed out on your art class this year. I'm glad it went so well. I would love to sign Heidi up if you are still teaching next year!