Wednesday, March 25, 2009

First there was Liam, then there was Lance, and now.....

Baby #3 is on the way!
We are really excited to welcome another baby into our home in October! I am 10 weeks along and feeling surprisingly great! I am baffled by this pregnancy because I have no morning sickness at all. I had terrible morning sickness with Liam, tolerable morning sickness with Lance and now none at all. I have had some horrible headaches though and Tylenol does nothing for them! Having no morning sickness is so odd to me that I really did not believe that I was pregnant until last Friday when Rob and I went to my first appointment and we were able to get an ultrasound and see the baby! I was really glad that Rob was able to go with me, it was really neat.

It was really fun to tell the boys that I have a baby in my tummy. Liam's eyes just lit up and he was thrilled. His reaction was so precious that we regretted not pulling out the video camera. Lance was pretty much oblivious to what we were saying! Earlier that day before we said anything about me being pregnant we were driving home and Liam asked me if I could have a baby that would grow up to be his sister? It was so cute! Then a minute later out of the blue he asked, "How do babies get into tummies?" I started laughing so hard! I told him he should ask Daddy so I called Rob up on the phone at work and Liam said, "Daddy, how do babies get into tummies?" Rob started laughing too! Then Rob - not knowing what to say - made up some random answer about how mommies eat a lot of food and then they get a baby in their belly. Poor child is going to be so confused. We really need to think of a better answer for him. I just thought it was so cute that he was talking about how he wanted a baby sister that day. For some reason he really wants the baby to be a girl - I promise we have not influenced him to feel that way! He always refers to the baby as a girl even though we keep telling him it could be a boy or a girl. Let's hope he will be able to handle the news if it is a boy. Let's hope I will too:) Just kidding I will be happy if it is another boy! Rob says we are only having boys but I see right through that I know that he would just melt over a little baby girl. Well I am rambling. I just wanted to share the news!




16 comments:

Jylaire said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys!

Audrey said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Veronica said...

Yea!! I am due October 19th! How fun to be pregnant together. I hope you get your girl. And if you weren't so sweet, I'd hate you for not having morning sickness this time around. I have it really bad!! Count your blessings.

Kristin said...

Congratulations!!! Super super excited for you! I heard a cute quote on a movie about how a child asked how a baby gets in a tummy...and she said something to the effect of when two people love each other so much, the love just spills over and makes a baby. Anyway, hope your pregnancy goes well! Looking forward for soccer season next month. Thanks for the email!

Shaunee said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! Glad to hear you are feeling well... maybe it is a girl!?!

Margo said...

Congratulations to you guys! Liam is going to be such a great big brother. How cute of him to ask where babies come from. Yea for not having morning sickness.

Jamie said...

Yea!!!! We are also very excited for you guys!!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH THAT IS SO AMAZING!!! CONGRATS DANI YOU ARE SUCH A GOOD MOM!

Amy H. Ellis said...

Wahoo!!! We are excited for you. When is your due date?

Rob and Dani said...

In answer to the question when is my due date - it is Oct. 20th.

Chris & Missy said...

Congrats Danni! We are so happy for you and Rob and can't wait to meet baby Number 3!! (I will be thinking of some cute names that start with "L") lol.

Heidi said...

I do love girls! I don't know any different either, but how cute to have 2 older brothers to protect and love her. Plus! She's got Annie to be her best friend! I am thrilled to hear you are feeling well, but I'm sorry about the headaches...try drinking tons of water too and of course plenty of z's. I love you guys!! I can't wait to see you in like 2 weeks!!!!

Joanna McGuire said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! It will be fun if it is a girl then my little girl will have another cousin close in age to play with.

Brian & Krystal said...

Holy Cow!!! Wow! I'm SO SO excited for you guys! I'm thrilled that you don't have morning sickness - I don't get that lucky :) I miss you!

Menlove Family said...

HOLY COW! Congratulations!! Thats soooo exciting. I love having a little baby in the home...they bring such a special spirit huh! Good luck with 3 :) I'll call you soon to come get Cams stuff (if you still have it :)

paulandjenthatcher said...

So fun!
I can't believe no one commented on it, and I guess it's a little known fact, but I heard from a good source that when you have headaches during your pregnancy, it is a GIRL! I promise! I'm not just trying to get you excited. :) And everyone I've talked to that had headaches has ended up having a girl that time. So, I'm going to bet it's a little sister for Liam. Isn't that great that you haven't been sick? Wow! What a blessing!