Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baby Shower!

Yesterday was such a fun day! I was able to throw a baby shower for my good friend Heidi. My family moved when I was in 5th grade and she was in my new elementary class, my ward, and my dance class. We became instant best friends and have stayed close ever since! She lives in Michigan now while her husband is in medical school and so I don't get to see her very often. It was not long after Rob and I moved back from Las Vegas that she moved to Michigan, but we try our best to keep in contact with eachother and we have mobile to mobile cell phones so we can talk as long as we want! I sure hope they come back to Utah! The shower was a lot of fun and we enjoyed seeing many friends!









More fun visitors! We had a great time visiting with Vitaly and Ivan and their wives. They were here all the way from Novosibirsk Russia where Rob served his mission. Rob became really close to them and their family while he was serving there and Rob was thrilled to be able to see them and meet their wives. We went to a BBQ with them and a lot of Rob's old mission companions. It was great. Rob is in heaven whenever he gets around his old mission friends, he misses Russia sooooo much!


Lastly, we went on a drive up to the Temple on Sunday and not too far from that is the house my family moved into when I was 7 years old. We drove by and I was excited to see that my name and hand print were still in the cement at the base of the basketball hoop.



6 comments:

Veronica said...

That is so cool about your handprint still being there. Outside my Grandma and Grandpa's house (they are long dead) is the sidewalk that has all the grandkids hand and feet prints. It is still there! I was six when I did that. Pretty cool!

Anonymous said...

I remember Heidi from your baby shower. How fun for you to see her... and Rob's friends from his mission. Cam gets so excited whenever he hears (or sees) people from his mission. You look darling!

Jamie said...

How fun! We love visitors, too, (hint, hint):) Congrats to Heidi!

Joanna McGuire said...

It was such a fun shower I am glad we were able to get together. I love your friends they are so awesome

Brian & Krystal said...

Congrats to Heidi!
Dani, I love all your pictures - you guys are a cute family. I wish we could share some more memories with you :(

Unknown said...

Hey Dani, Sorry I could not stay for Heidi's shower, it looks like you had a lot of fun! It was fun seeing Heidi and crazy to think she is Prego.