Well after 3 nights of taping and painting here is the Orange Playroom! Thanks to my sister-in-law Holly for the inspiration to go a little crazy with the color; she has a very beautifully colorful house! The kids are posing in the pictures for ya! But what would a play room look like without kids in it anyway? I have to say thank you to Bobbo for allowing me to go crazy and not only that but getting out the old work clothes and helping me! What a great man - no wonder I married him - I am a smart woman. This playroom has been a long work in progress - since before Christmas. I asked for the children's craft table for Christmas (Pottery Barn Kids - Floor Model slighty used but hey it was going to get beat up anyway) and the Toy cubby shelves (whatever you want to call them) for my B-Day (IKEA). Lastly I bought the green pegboards from Pottery Barn Kids, I had my eye on them for over 2 months and the price finally dropped down to $40 so I was finally suckered in and bought 2. Rob was a little confused as to why we needed green pegboards and I am still trying to convinced him of the importance of hanging the kids artwork on them. Men don't understand these things! Finally it has all come together. I think I am satisfied for awhile, no more projects for me. Well hopefully it was worth all the effort!
Before:


After:





Lastly I have to share my new favorite cookie recipe that I got from my cute friend Amy:
Mint Chocolate Cookie:
1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Mix cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes.
Frosting: Store bought vanilla frosting. Add mint extract and green food coloring.
Yummy, I made these yesterday and the plate was full. There will be one less in about 2 minutes!

Hope you are having a great week!
4 comments:
Dani- it looks so great! I can't wait to send my kids over. Lance has the cutest smile ever...and Liam is out of control! Gotta love em!
Dani!
Your Playroom turned out great! We need to do lunch again soon, let me know when you are free.
What a darling Playroom. When we finish our basement I want you to come and help me do our Playroom. Looks like a fun place to play. Hope you are doing well!
Your playroom looks so good! I love the color! We need to get our boys togther to play in it :) I am also trying to convince Justin to let me hang peg boards in Camrens room...I agree with you, they just don't get the point !!
Post a Comment