Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Camping at Fish Lake

July 22-25 we went camping at Fish Lake with my parents and my brother’s family.  That is right we camped 3 nights, which I would say is quite an accomplishment with 3 kids!  Lincoln had a really rough first night and I was afraid he was keeping the whole camp up so I ended up sleeping with him in the suburban so everyone could not hear him screaming.  It was a crazy night I think I only got a couple hours of sleep.  The second night was bad too – but slightly better.  The last night he must have been exhausted and so he zonked early and I actually got to sleep in the tent.  He is normally such a good sleeper – it was odd.  Camping with kids is a lot of work and leaves little energy for picture taking, so sadly I only have a few pictures.

Despite running on very little sleep, it was a great trip!  We had great food and great company!  Nothing beats sitting by a campfire late at night roasting smores.  We rented a big pontoon boat one day and cruised around the lake trying to catch some fish.  We kept catching tiny fish, it was funny.  Finally the boys had some luck and caught some great fish that turned into a great dinner.  Turns out Rob is an excellent horseshoe player -  he was unbeatable in many tournaments!  The best part was spending so much time with my family!  Let's do it again, but maybe next time in a hotel?

























My cute niece Kenna




3 comments:

Shaunee said...

I heard that place is beautiful. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! Now you know the reason we bought a camping trailer... :)

Jamie said...

You are a trooper!

McGuire's said...

Yes camping is a different story with kids! We tried it two years ago with the McGuire's. The food was great, great fun, but nights.....! Maybe in a couple years it will be better with no little babies. That lake looks beautiful! and Lance's eyes are beautiful!