Thursday, August 6, 2009

Primary Fun!

Primary Fun!
I just love serving in Primary!  Sometimes it is a bit stressful, but I am really grateful to be apart of these kids lives.  All of the kids in our Primary are so special and unique.  They are always surprising me by how thoughtful, funny, intelligent, and faithful they are.  It is fun for me that Liam is a Sunbeam this year!  Yesterday we took our Primary downtown for the second year in a row - to the Church History and Art Museum.  The museum hosts Primaries in the summer for awesome hand's on exhibits and activities.  This year the theme was, "Stepping Into Art."  Of course I was soooooo excited about the theme when I found out about it because I am an art lover:)  Well, because of time I will not go into detail about what we did there but I think each child had a fun time and came out of the museum with a greater appreciation for Church art and art in general.  They kept the kids well entertained and made it fun.  They always do an amazing job at the museum.  We had 55 kids come, and 16 adults.   I love all the parents in the ward, they are always there for support.  After the activity was over I felt a huge sense of relief - one more Quarterly Activity down!  But then I could not stop thinking about our Primary Program in 5 weeks, and the 4 amazing girls turning 8 and getting baptized in the next month.   


The Awesome Parents:

The Amazing Kids:

Liam decided to make a sculpture of a dog, I think it turned out great!

Liam played a role from one of the paintings.... he was a Pioneer lighting a fire.

Good times....  Well hopefully soon I will get around to posting about our trip to San Francisco.  It was a lot of fun, though not the best city to go to when you are 7 months pregnant.  I had no idea how much walking I would have to do.  That city is packed with people and the streets are crazy; everyone either walks everywhere or takes public transportation.  I felt like I walked all over that city - and most of the time pushing two kids in a stroller up and down hills while Rob was in meetings (American Association of Justice convention meetings).  By the end of the trip I could hardly walk.  My hips and back throbbed!  Not to mention the 1800 miles we spent in the car with my legs and arms going numb most of the time because of bad circulation.  Having that said, it was still worth it.  Especially because Rob's parents and brothers and sisters came too!  It was awesome to be able to spend so much time with them!  Oh and we were saved by access to the concierge level of the hotel.  Oh how I miss the free buffet breakfast, appetizers, drinks and desserts everyday!  A Post to come soon.

3 comments:

Menlove Family said...

How nice! I bet you're the best primary president ever!! Good luck with the end of your pregnancy :)

Draper's said...

Yeah for the primary activity!! I bet you loved all of the art!

Joanna McGuire said...

What a fun vacation!! I am glad you guys were able to go. I love the pictures of the boys, they are so cute. Now you need to take it easy after all of that walking.