Some catching up to do!
This week I am going to try to do a little catching up on my blog. I have not updated since the beginning of the year - what is up with me? A lot has happened since then. In January I started a little Preschool Art Class on Monday mornings. I LOVE art! Art fascinates and inspires me. My Bachelor's Degree is in Art History - not the most practical degree but definitely the funnest! I also love to paint and create anything - which is hard to do with 2 little kiddos running around me all the time. So the idea for the preschool art class first came to my crazy head about 3 years ago believe it or not. Liam has loved to draw since he first picked up a pencil and I have wanted to give him as much opportunity to create things as I can. I knew that Liam would love having friends over to draw and paint with. I believe art is important for preschoolers for many reasons.... it allows them creative expression, it is the best way for them to develop their fine motor skills, it builds confidence, it is fun...... the list goes on. So why not? This class turned out to be more fun than I could have imagined. We learned all about the basic skills and elements of art.... cutting, gluing, drawing, painting, lines, shapes, color mixing, textures, patterns! So fun! We had a little field trip to a local art museum where the kids learned museum etiquette and enjoyed looking at the art work. The class ended with an ART EXHIBITION NIGHT where my house was pretty much transformed into an art museum with over 100 pieces of the kid's art work all over my house! Does it get any funner than that? I was so proud of the kids that night, it brought tears to my eyes. I gave each child an award and a coloring book. The parents were so supportive and volunteered to bring treats and help during the class time. I think the children had fun and were inspired to want to create more art work. I could tell they were so proud of themselves at the Exhibition Night - that is what it was all about! TOO MUCH STINK'N FUN! Oh and this class would not have been possible if my cute sister-in-law Holly had not watched Lance for me - thanks Holly you are the best! I think a little family art exhibition night where your children's art work is on display would make for a great family activity or FHE - just an idea I wanted to share.
Field Trip to Art Museum:

Program for Exhibition Night:
Cute kids and their art:





Liam receiving his award on Exhibition Night:
Some of my fun art supplies - I had to show them off that night. If you want any suggestions on where to shop for art supplies please ask! My favorite store by far: Lakeshore Learning!
5 comments:
I've been wondering where you were :)
I wish I lived closer. That are class seems so fun! Good job!
Oh wow! Looks fun! I just posted that video to my blog as well. Funny huh! But it really is so true and inspirational!
I love your update, I am glad you posted pictures from your art class with the kids. I was so sad I missed that night you did the exhibition. Good job with the class, you did a great job. I can't wait for more updates.
WE LOVE MISS DANI! That is what Madelyn says and so do I. Thanks again for teaching my child so many wonderful things about art! I hope one day after your sweetness shows up - you will do another class. You are an amazing person!
Super Dooper post!! I can't believe how busy you've been and having so much fun! What fun pictures of New Orleans and of the cute art class exhibit! Love ya, Danners!
Post a Comment